Working closely with facility staff, Benchmark Psychiatric Services LTD. develops individual behavior programs to monitor and correct problems that may arise for residents.
Unfortunately, the natural aging process as well as illness sometimes produces significant cognitive decline for seniors. This decline can lead to problematic behaviors which pose a threat to the residents themselves or to other members of the community. Working closely with facility staff, Benchmark Psychiatric Services can develop individual behavior programs to monitor and correct problems that may arise for residents. Included in this effort, we will provide educational opportunities to staff of the facility, ensuring that staff have an unparalleled understanding of behavioral management techniques.
These efforts may significantly:
- Reduce risk of danger to the resident, staff, and others in the facility.
- Support the highest quality of life to the resident.
- Allow for reduction or elimination of unnecessary psychotropic medications.
- Provide for reduction in stress to family and caregivers.
- Encourage more efficient unit functioning & alleviate resident distress.