Nurse Practitioner (NP) / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) - PMHNP
Chicago Southwestern Suburbs
The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) provides mental health services, including initial psychiatric evaluation, differential diagnoses, prescribing pharmacological treatments, prescribing non-pharmacological treatments, and ordering/interpreting relevant laboratory values in the direct management of acute and chronic psychiatric illnesses within the scope of state regulations governing advanced practice. The NP/APRN serves as a member of a health care team with primary responsibilities related to management of health care for certain patients and families as assigned. The NP/APRN is expected to foster, promote, and restore client health through the development and use of prepared wellness materials and by collaborating with physicians and other multi-disciplinary team members to provide psychosocial support to AL and SNF residents and their families.
Hours are flexible
Adult & Geriatric patient population
Mental Health Care: primary examples include depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, adjustment disorders, bipolar disorder, mild to severe stages of dementia
- Graduate of an accredited NP/APRN¬¬¬ program and state licensure as a certified nurse practitioner (NP) / advanced practice registered nurse (APRN)
- National certification as a Psychiatric, Adult, or Family Nurse Practitioner
- IL controlled substance license
- Federal DEA number
- Computer literacy and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- 1 year of clinical experience as an NP preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to the highest standards of healthcare practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats patients, with a focus on Psychiatry for the adult and geriatric population.
- Identifies psychiatric, physiological, and pathophysiological findings, taking appropriate action and developing an on-going treatment plan, as indicated.
- Utilizes resources independently to provide appropriate evidence-based care in routine and emergency settings.
- Provides client, family, and staff education on mental health topics.
- Establishes patient care goals and reinforces understanding of disease processes and illness management, medication and related issues, medical resources, and self care skills to clients.
- Maintains continuity of care by documenting and communicating care and on-going plans of treatment.
- Provides and coordinates case management, and partners with primary and specialty care provider(s) as appropriate.
- Reports directly to Chief Clinical Officer
- Part-Time & Contract opportunities available
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
All applicants, please attach a curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in the above job, please fill out the field below.
NOTE: Only PDF files are allowed.
How to save a word to pdf »
Word to PDF Online Converter »